Supporting the emergency partnership
Signature Housing has been supporting Harrow council and colleagues in the Voluntary and Community Sectors (VCS) to provide food supplies for those residents shielding or in financial need.
Whilst our day to day activities came to a halt, we had the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organisational capabilities of the partnership set up by the council. Glen Hearnden (DIrector), has extensive contacts within the VCS and Harrow Council.Through these contacts, we were able to help set up –
– HelpHarrow.org – An online referral system for food and support
– Increase food supplies into the community hub set up by the partnership
– Set up the delivery system that Harrow Community Transport operated
– Liaise between partners and the Council
– Set up a single point of contact supporting high risk and vulnerable residents
– Create a flexible partnership approach
– Liaise with food suppliers such as Felix project
– Implement a reporting system
The anticipated financial fallout from the lockdown period is expected to be serious. The council is expecting 40,000 job losses in our area.
We are looking at ways of evolving this service to make sure that Harrow residents are supported through the next stages of the pandemic.